Conference on Education of Data Science (Hikone Campus, Shiga University)
Purpose of the workshop: In April of 2017, Shiga University launched a new faculty of data science with 100 undergraduate students in each year. Students learn statistics and computer science as essential skills and furthermore they learn how to extract value from real data in various fields, such as business, healthcare, education and environment. We will present the idea and the curriculum of the new faculty of Shiga University and discuss needs for data scientists in Japan and other countries. Also, our plan for future establishment of graduate course will be discussed.
- Prof. Jung Jin Lee, Soong Sil University, Korea
- Prof. Yuan-chin Ivan Chang, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Dr. Michael Bulmer, University of Queensland, Australia
- Prof. Xiao-Hua Andrew Zhou, Peking University and University of Washington, U.S.A.
- Prof. Bruno de Sousa,University of Coimbra, Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences, CINEICC, Portugal
- Prof. Miao Huaikou, Shanghai University, China
- Prof. Ray-Bing Chen, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Prof. Masataka Taguri, Yokohama City University, Japan
- Prof. Shigeru Kawasaki, Nihon University, Japan
- Prof.Tosiya Sato, Kyoto University, Japan
- Prof. Joe Suzuki, Osaka University, Japan
- Prof. Hisayuki Hara, Doshisha University, Japan